top of page

You have experienced a damaging loss.

What now?

Whether it's water, fire or something else. This can be a stressful & confusing time for anyone, especially when your whole livelihood is threatened.

We are here to help you through the whole process. Here, we will be outlining the steps on what will be happening, how long it should take & what you should be doing during this process. 



Filing a claim with your insurance is simple. If you have not yet done so, contact your insurance carrier's Claim Hotline & inform them that you have experienced a sudden event. Whether it is water flooding in from the exterior of the home, a burst or damaged pipe, fire or any other emergency; they will be able to get the process started for you.

If you are unable to contact them, call your agent directly; this information can be found in your profile/policy information. If not, your insurance should have a 24/7 emergency hotline listed on their website or app.

Once the claim is filed, you should receive a claim number & a name and number for the assigned adjuster to your claim. This could be immediate, or take up to 24 hours, depending on your carrier; make sure to keep this information through out the duration of the process. It is important to note that restoration of the affected area cannot begin until the source of the loss is remedied. For instance, if you had a pipe burst and water was beginning to seep through your drywall, a licensed plumber would be required to fix the pipe BEFORE we would start the drying process. 



The restoration process is full of ups and downs, however the goal is the same, no matter the severity of the damage. The goal is to bring the wet, possibly damaged, structure back to a sufficient dry state and bring the area to an equal or better appearance than before the loss occurred in the most efficient way possible.

Once the source of the loss is corrected, the restorer should be able to determine the level of Saturation, Category of water & develop an efficient and effective drying strategy for the effected areas of the structure


Saturation - is the term used to describe how wet building materials are. This is also a reading that is taken with a piece of specialty equipment referred to as a Moisture Meter. 


Category of Water - refers to the length of time, source and amount of contamination that resides in the water effecting the area. 


Category 1 - water from a clean source with no substantial risk of causing sickness. (i.e. broken water supply lines, tub or sink overflows with no contaminates, etc.)


Category 2 - water that has a significant degree of biological or physical contamination. (i.e. aquarium leaks, waterbed leaks, toilet bowl overflows only containing urine, etc.)


Category 3 - when the water intrusion results from a grossly unsanitary source or carries pathogenic/disease causing agents. (i.e. septic/sewage backups and overflows, ground water/flood water.)

bottom of page